Fundraising and Trustee roles!
Everyone who works for the charity does so on a voluntary basis. Those who donate their time are therefore just as important to the charity as financial donations.
It is not just counsellors who can volunteer. We welcome help of any kind from anyone, to assist in strengthening the charity, and ensure its continuing success. Whatever experience, abilities, qualifications, amount of time or resources you can offer, there is a fulfilling role for you.
See our Current Vacancies page for information about present volunteer opportunities.
Please note that we can only offer student placements to students on a counselling course. [If this is you, please route your enquiry through the dedicated link for counsellor applications]. We cannot offer any role involving contact with our clients other than in a private, confidential one to one counselling setting; students cannot ‘shadow’ our work for obvious reasons. Please note the counsellor applications email address is for counselling volunteers only. Organisations asking to include content on our website or offering marketing services will not receive a response.
Ways you can help
As well as making financial donations, there are many ways you can contribute to the work we do. For example:
- Assisting with putting together funding bids.
- Providing administrative assistance (regular, or occasional).
- Facilitating links to individuals or organisations that can help us in some way. For example, we are looking for a new, low cost location (rent is by far our biggest expenditure).
- Helping us recruit and organise other volunteers.
- Raising awareness for the charity through effective PR and use of social media.
- If you have any other ideas as to how you can help, we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer the opportunity to get involved in rewarding and fulfilling work, within our friendly team.
We are very happy to assist Lancaster University students looking to complete a volunteer placement for any awards or employability programmes you may undertake. Whether you are looking to complete a full volunteering programme with us, or just volunteer on a one-time basis, we can accommodate you, and would be extremely grateful.
How to get involved
You can fill out an Expression of Interest Form (pdf document). Or, feel free to send us a letter or email saying how you would like to help.
NLCS Management Committee
c./o. 12 Sulyard Street, Lancaster, LA1 1PX
If you would like to make a donation please see information on our Funding page