Would you like to volunteer with us?
Everyone who works for the charity does so on a voluntary basis. Those who donate their time are therefore just as important to the charity as financial donations.
It is not just counsellors who can volunteer. We welcome help of any kind from anyone, to assist in strengthening the charity, and ensure its continuing success. Whatever experience, abilities, qualifications, amount of time or resources you can offer, there is a fulfilling role for you.
Ways you can help
As well as making financial donations, there are many ways you can contribute to the work we do. For example:
- Helping us to plan, organise or run fundraising projects (see also our M&S Local Charity of the Year page).
- Assisting with putting together funding bids.
- Providing administrative assistance (regular, or occasional).
- Facilitating links to individuals or organisations that can help us in some way. For example, we are looking for a new, low cost location (rent is by far our biggest expenditure).
- Helping us recruit and organise other volunteers.
- Raising awareness for the charity through effective PR and use of social media.
If you have any other ideas as to how you can help, we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer the opportunity to get involved in rewarding and fulfilling work, within our friendly team.
M&S Local Charity of the Year
NLCS is very lucky to have been selected as M&S Lancaster’s Local Charity of the Year 2017/18. Marks and Spencer have given us the opportunity to run fundraising events in store. However, in order to make these events a success, we need volunteers to help us out. Click here to find out more.
We are very happy to assist Lancaster University students looking to complete a volunteer placement for any awards or employability programmes you may undertake. Whether you are looking to complete a full volunteering programme with us, or just volunteer on a one-time basis, we can accommodate you, and would be extremely grateful.
How to get involved
You can fill out an Expression of Interest Form (pdf document). Or, feel free to send us a letter or email saying how you would like to help.
NLCS Management Committee
c./o. 12 Sulyard Street, Lancaster, LA1 1PX
If you would like to make a donation please see information on our Funding page